The little 23

 Almost every year, I have written a letter to myself in the future. I had failed for the past couple of years because I didn’t have the letters at hand as I was in Singapore, my home, during the pandemic. I thought it would be a great chance and change to showcase some of my favourite letters. Also, I wanted to type out my letter for this year. 


Turning 23 feels weird. It sounds really mature like I’m stuck in someone’s body. I’m reading my old letters and it hits me that I have actually lived for 23 years. I don’t have many accomplishments apart for myself. But my parents are very much the reason why I am even on this planet so I can’t even take that much credit. 

When I turn 40 (which hopefully I do) and look back on this letter, I hope it sounds ridiculous. Right now, as I’m typing I feel old but I know my “adult life” has barely even started yet. I’m noticing how people take notice of me. I’m not a cutesy short loud little girl anymore. I’m just a cutesy short loud lady. I don’t think that being young really matters but I know that when I was younger and thought about people who were 23, I would get all wide-eyed and think “that’s OLD”. Hate to break it to you past Keira, we all eventually get there. 

Anyways, usually, I put in some updates of the year but since the whole world can see this if they wanted to I’m going to be very vague and picky about the things I’m writing on here.

Here are the top ten things about being 22:

  1. Celebrated my birthday with people I love (and who are still in my life haha) 

  2. Got COVID on my birthday 

  3. Broke up with my boyfriend of almost 3 years 

  4. Had the best summer 

  5. Got to know a special someone 

  6. Cut my bangs after having a crisis (first time!!)

  7. Had so much fun with family and friends 

  8. Went snowboarding and spent Christmas with a special someone 

  9. Went back to Singapore and spent time in Phuket

  10. Turned 23 


Being 22 has been one of the most confusing, challenging, amazing, stressful points of my life. I’m happy with the way it has been and wouldn’t change my life right now for anything. I hope you’re still this thankful next year.






Comments

Popular Posts