A memory

 I've fallen in love in the short span of 24 years. 

These are my memories and what I carry with me. 


My first was someone unexpected. 

Walking to my high school campus every morning. 

All of a sudden I wasn't walking alone. 

Rather with my arm on hers. 

Intertwined, I'd never felt like that towards a girl before.

I confessed from my bunk bed as she lay on the floor.

She started crying without telling me she felt the same about me. 

It turned into a love of learning a different side I'd never known before. 

It was a secret, not on purpose but we made an odd couple, I'd say for sure. 

I don't know what made me love her but I loved her regardless. 

She taught me I don't need a reason but just to enjoy what we were feeling. 

She broke my heart, as I did hers. 

But we've both continued to grow apart and now we live in each other's memories at most. 



My second hurt. 

I'd never loved like this before. It was right after I was flung around by a boy who basically lived next door. 

He was charming and sweet. He knew what I liked to hear, so he kept telling me and other girls these things. 

I found out later, after about two years. 

I had been hurt for the first time in my life. 

He taught me how to forgive. He taught me love with no bounds. 

Those bounds were restricted to him manipulating me. 

Somehow I thought we'd get married, grow old and have kids. 

However,  most of the memories are now all flooded with my tears. 

I remember when we broke up I cried for endless nights. 

We lived together and I still couldn't imagine him not being by my side. 

I thought he left me hurt, damaged, and changed. 

But sometimes change is for the better. 

I grew up and I got thicker skin. 



The third taught me that I can trust again. 

The sweetest love who made me laugh all night and spoiled me rotten.

I thought you were the one, but I started growing up. 

You stayed the same which was perfect for me. 

But after a while we weren't meant to be. 

My favorite thing was that we were so different yet the same. 

I treasure our memories as you taught me how to love, enjoy life, and know when to move on. 


You all taught me something new. 

You all gave taught me what it means to feel blue. 

I hear our laughs as they echo in our memory. 

While I'm moving forward, in my actions you stay with me.

I've let go of the pain, the sorrow, the bittersweet everything that has made the present me complete. 


My final love. I hope you do not read this as I realize it's a spoiler for our future. 

You've taught me how to listen. 

You say that I'm fun but maybe, just maybe, you make me more fun. 

Being with you is like a breath of fresh air. 

Each breath filling my heart. 

You're the scent of flowers in the spring. 

The ocean breeze in the summer. 

The light shining through the autumn leaves. 

Warm like a fireplace during the winter.

It feels so natural and pure. 

I can't wait to explore what life we will have together. 



Comments

Popular Posts